Saturday 19 May 2012

Babies in the Bath Cake

Last weekend a great friend’s youngest girl celebrated her 3rd birthday.   My birthday present was again the cake.  
This year the Birthday Girl, who loves all things baby, decided that she wanted babies on her cake.   “One will be laughing, one will be crying, one will be angry…..”   Unusual brief!   

The Birthday Girl knew what she wanted (a baby cake has been on her wish list for the past 6 months), so it was my task to try and deliver.   I must admit that I struggled for some time figuring out how to get the right visual impact, without the cake looking too much like a baby shower or christening cake.   3 days before the party I settled on the idea of babies in a bath and from there the cake design evolved.

I drew baby face discs, showing various emotions, and added them to the outside of the cake so that “one will be laughing, one will be crying, one will be angry…..”

All in all, I was happy with the final outcome.   I wonder what next year's cake will be!
Babies in the Bath Cake, 12th May 2012
Babies in the Bath Cake, 12th May 2012
Babies in the Bath Cake, 12th May 2012



2 comments:

  1. My goodness, what a scary brief for a cake ...but you certainly delivered. I love it...so creative. Am looking forward to following your blog..

    My blog is

    http://patriciaspatisserie.blogspot.com/
    would love a follow

    Patricia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia,

      Thanks for your lovely comments. It was indeed difficult trying to decide what to do for the brief and I did worry up to the moment I delivered it, if it would hit the spot.

      Happy to follow you - your blog looks very professional. Your profile picture is fabulous!

      Anne Marie

      Delete